Announcements

Started by Andy, March 10, 2012, 06:05:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
cheers Andy, i've just uploaded the missing pic... and a couple of others

Morning people!

As you can probably see, we've had a shake-up with the forum boards. We're now ready for Gran Turismo 6, and we've created what should be an easier place to understand. Everything Gran Turismo 5 related is together, be it events or discussion. Same goes for when GT6 is here.

Battlefield has also now got it's own section of the forum. The old child board proved very popular and many of you are now part of the RoninGT Platoon on BF3, so with BF4 on the horizon we thought it was only right that you continue to build up this part of RoninGT with your own space. If you want extra boards in the Battlefield RGT section, please let me know.

If there are any questions regarding the new look boards, don't hesitate to ask!

Also, today is a special day. 3 years ago today, we moved RoninGT onwards to this fully fledged forum, on our dedicated server. It's thanks to all of you that we are still here, bigger and stronger than ever today. Here's to the next 3 years and I can't wait to see how this forum progresses.

Peace  :cheers:

Great stuff Andy :)

Three years, wow, doesn't time fly. And I know a lot of you have been together much longer than that. And I've just checked my reg date for this forum and I didn't realise that we've been in this particular home for eighteen months now  :bananarock:

:cheers: RoninGT...let's kick some ass this year..

I hope you like the new background guys. Unfortunately it is a large file, unlike our previous one which was simply a small image repeated. I'll try and change the image to a png once I can edit the .php files. But once the background has loaded, it will be saved in your cache so only the first time loading will take a little while (if you've got crud internet like me.)

The big 6 in the top corner a give away mate?! And bigger GT logos. Reset your cache if it's cocking about.

done, but it taking ages to load page..

Yeah it will to start with. Once you've loaded it once it will be fine after that on your browser. Like I said I need to change it to a png file but can't do that till I can access the core files and change them.

Yes I like it Andy, keep up the great work  :D

Looks good Andy, nice work.  :cool:

Follow me on Twitter
"Where a goat can go, a man can go. And where a man can go, he can drag a gun." - William Phillips (1731)

Right guys, the background image size and 'weight' are still massive but I've reduced it down a bit.

And I've added a new banner. If you haven't noticed, that is Brands Hatch in all it's glory in GT6. I can not wait to drive it on the 6th!

Banner looks great Andy, I expect there will be another when we have Brands Hatch full of touring cars?

The background size has made Ronin noticeably slower though, do you have the original image file? My brother in-law is one of those computer savvy guys who could potentially take over the world if someone pissed him off enough, he reduced a 2Gb data file to 8MB a few weeks back, I'm sure he could do something about the size of an image file without losing any/much resolution, if you like?

Follow me on Twitter
"Where a goat can go, a man can go. And where a man can go, he can drag a gun." - William Phillips (1731)

I can get the banner, but not the background, on my iPad. I'm sure it looks great though Andy.
AKA Ronin_GTRobin
    rmillis1981
    Lag_5crub

Life - Noun. The thing that gets in the way of gaming.