Announcements

Started by Andy, March 10, 2012, 06:05:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
If that would be possible Dave that would be great. And if so, I can make the image even longer so we don't have a repeat on the forum at some point (see this thread now to see what I mean.)

When I saved it as a website friendly png file, it came to over 15mb which is ridiculous!

I have looked at the style sheet to see if I can make the background stay put and the rest of the forum move as normal, but this skin doesn't work like that :(

I can see the banner on my fone, not the background and now I just get "page cannot be displayed" on any link. Get the homepage fine but no threads  :undecided: (at work atm)
ローニン・ソンブレアロー

Hmm... I may need to work on this background then. Got an idea actually so bare with me.

Opening that JPEG just killed my phone. Dead slow.

Still, I understand what you're trying to do, just cannot fathom why the file is soo big....?
AKA Ronin_GTRobin
    rmillis1981
    Lag_5crub

Life - Noun. The thing that gets in the way of gaming.

November 22, 2013, 12:05:15 PM #34 Last Edit: November 22, 2013, 12:23:47 PM by GTAndy36
Right guys is this better? Its now 782kb... still big ish but a lot better than before.
If this can be made even smaller Dave go ahead!

Quote from: Ronin_GTSombrero

Maybe phones and their browsers just cant cope with it :/

Hopefully we'll be able to compress this down further soon.

Quote from: GTAndy36 on November 22, 2013, 12:05:15 PM
Right guys is this better? Its now 782kb... still big ish but a lot better than before.
If this can be made even smaller Dave go ahead!

Much better, in that I can see it, and it's quicker, however, the 6 is quite big, and lost on the different pages.

At least it's processing now.
AKA Ronin_GTRobin
    rmillis1981
    Lag_5crub

Life - Noun. The thing that gets in the way of gaming.

Seems fine on my fone now :)
ローニン・ソンブレアロー

November 22, 2013, 02:14:08 PM #39 Last Edit: November 22, 2013, 02:17:22 PM by GTAndy36
Hmm... I guess that's because it's been sorted out for PC web browsers and not phones. On my iPhone you can't really see much of the background, only the forum in front. If it's really annoying or just weird could you take a screenshot and post it up so I can see?

My one looks like this for example...

Back up to speed now Andy, I can ask, if you'd still like it smaller and Rob will see what he can do, up to you mate but it doesn't seem like it's needed now?

Follow me on Twitter
"Where a goat can go, a man can go. And where a man can go, he can drag a gun." - William Phillips (1731)

I've just done a complete restore of my phone HTC OneX+...still can't post on it...... :/  I'll try using Firefox or Chrome rather than the HTC browser.

I use Firefox on my HTC One S and I never noticed no backround image, until it was mentioned here  :D
On the subject of the HTC One S, it is stuck on Android 4.1 as there is no updates for this phone, I'm not happy
with this fact, so much so that when my two year contract is up I will not be getting another HTC.

Quote from: machwebb on November 22, 2013, 03:49:11 PM
I've just done a complete restore of my phone HTC OneX+...still can't post on it...... :/  I'll try using Firefox or Chrome rather than the HTC browser.

I disabled Javascript, then re-ticked it, dunno if it was the cause but worked for me dude, same fone  :huh:
ローニン・ソンブレアロー

Well the image is there, so if your mate doesn't mind then by all means mate. Smaller is always better  :iwin: