Is now is a bad time?

Started by GT_Dave, June 10, 2016, 05:11:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
June 10, 2016, 05:11:51 PM Last Edit: June 10, 2016, 05:30:45 PM by Select3
 If your thinking of building a new PC or upgrading an older machine, now, is a terrible time.

New tech both CPU and GPU are on the verge of release, GPUs are seeing one manufacturer releasing in the high end market while the other is attacking the mainstream market so we aren't seeing competition there, not performance vs performance and at least in the high performance side (I'll mention no names) we're seeing ridiculous prices and not massively new architecture.
Both GPU manufacturers do have other cards in the pipeline though to enter the other respective markets, however, no-one knows for sure when either will release their mainstream and high performance cards... While this may be a good strategy for each respective company, it's left us customers very limited on options.

On the CPU side, AMD and Intel both have new "high performance" processors about to launch, we all know that Intel is already the market leader and a mile ahead in terms of performance vs the best AMD currently has to offer but, AMDs ZEN is being touted as a real challenger to Intels throne, the question is, how good is Intels new processor compared to the current Skylake processors and where is AMDs ZEN going to come in? Then there is price, where is AMD going to price ZEN?

Price could be AMDs winner here, Intel has a reputation of being expensive, particularly with their i7s, if AMD is similar in performance at a standard AMD price, which are you going to go for, are you going to be willing to spend

Follow me on Twitter
"Where a goat can go, a man can go. And where a man can go, he can drag a gun." - William Phillips (1731)