Robin PC Build

Started by RedBreastGaming, July 09, 2016, 06:35:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
So, I obviously have more money than sense, that or I really love Amazon Prime...

Two more items bought:

Razer DeathAdder Chroma Gaming Mouse
Razer Goliathus Speed Gaming Mouse Mat

Now just trying to work out if I need any more case fans, or if two are enough...
AKA Ronin_GTRobin
    rmillis1981
    Lag_5crub

Life - Noun. The thing that gets in the way of gaming.

July 11, 2016, 07:18:29 PM #16 Last Edit: July 11, 2016, 07:20:10 PM by Select3
Quote from: RedBreastGaming on July 11, 2016, 07:01:52 PM
So, I obviously have more money than sense, that or I really love Amazon Prime...

Two more items bought:

Razer DeathAdder Chroma Gaming Mouse
Razer Goliathus Speed Gaming Mouse Mat

Now just trying to work out if I need any more case fans, or if two are enough...

Two should be enough as long as your not planning on overclocking the GPU, if your uncertain and want to be safe, I can recommend Noctua as an intake fan and for an exhaust fan, the Arctic F12 Pro.

The cage on the arctic means it's limited on how you can mount it and it's no removable, that's why I recommend it as an exhaust fan, will work just as well as a top mounted exhaust or rear mounted as long as you have the space.

The Noctua is a 140mm fan, it will mount on a 120mm slot too but, make sure you have the space around as the fan it self is a 140mm fan. Check your case specs to see what can be mounted.

Follow me on Twitter
"Where a goat can go, a man can go. And where a man can go, he can drag a gun." - William Phillips (1731)

Quote from: Select3 on July 11, 2016, 07:18:29 PM
Check your case specs to see what can be mounted.

From the Cooler Master Website: http://www.coolermaster.com/case/mid-tower/mastercase5-series/

Unmatched Ventilation
FreeForm enables the option to install three front-mounted 140mm fans and a 280mm radiator for unmatchable ventilation due to a unique facility to horizontally shift the bottom-mounted hard disk drives. There's also support for up to six 140mm fans through the case, unique for a mid-sized tower.

The brown and beige of the Noctua is slightly putting me off. I don't have a window, but I would know it's there!
AKA Ronin_GTRobin
    rmillis1981
    Lag_5crub

July 11, 2016, 09:23:06 PM #18 Last Edit: July 11, 2016, 09:26:15 PM by bo0td-
Noctua are as good as it gets, Robin... dunno if that sways you at all, lol.

Oh, and I only have two fans in my case, which has a lot of sound proofing materials. Not been a problem, though my GPU is reference so exhausts the hot air out the back.  :D

He bought 4(?) Arctic fans.

Gets 120+ FPS on Miscreated, 1080p, Ultra settings.

Scored over 18000 on Firestrike benchmark.

Is roughly 30% more powerful than mine based on that benchmark but, it cost twice as much :P

Follow me on Twitter
"Where a goat can go, a man can go. And where a man can go, he can drag a gun." - William Phillips (1731)

Something I forgot to mention for those of you new to Nvidia. After driver updates, dynamic range reverts back to limited. :censored:  knows why they never fixed this. You can change this back in control panel. Display - change resolution - output dynamic range. Switch to full, hit apply.

Your choice here will depend on you, and ya monitor/TV. I always set it back to full, otherwise blacks are washed out and whites aren't white.

Quote from: bo0td- on July 18, 2016, 10:55:47 PM
Something I forgot to mention for those of you new to Nvidia. After driver updates, dynamic range reverts back to limited. :censored:  knows why they never fixed this. You can change this back in control panel. Display - change resolution - output dynamic range. Switch to full, hit apply.

Your choice here will depend on you, and ya monitor/TV. I always set it back to full, otherwise blacks are washed out and whites aren't white.

Just noticed this today, thanks for the heads up  :cheers:

Follow me on Twitter

Sweet! Once I'd found what control panel you were referring too!!
AKA Ronin_GTRobin
    rmillis1981
    Lag_5crub