GT7 Chat

Started by jutngo, December 21, 2020, 12:23:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
December 21, 2020, 12:23:59 PM Last Edit: February 03, 2022, 08:13:33 PM by jutngo
So any GT7 thoughts? News?  Concerns??!!!   :/

I'll update this as and when I can with anything new.

As it stands now we have an official trailer and a few references in PS5 promotional videos.
Release date WAS hinted officially as first half of 2021 then changed to simply coming 2021.

Updated release date is 2022...

https://youtu.be/oz-O74SmTSQ

Update June '21  GT7 now confirmed  (at the moment)  as a cross gen title. Playable on both PS4 and PS5!

https://www.pushsquare.com/news/2021/06/god_of_war_ragnarok_gran_turismo_7_ps4_versions_confirmed

9/9/21 update -

Release date 4th March 2022!  With new footage!!

17/01/22
No indication of a release delay so far!!

New Daytona footage below....

https://youtu.be/h9jikqFiOnc

3/01/22 UPDATE

BIG trailer and news from Kaz with GT7 details.
Release still on for 4th March.

Well it looks amazing, lets just hope the game lives up to our standards.

Now to find a decent priced PS5 in time for launch......   :/
AKA Ronin_GTRobin
    rmillis1981
    Lag_5crub

Life - Noun. The thing that gets in the way of gaming.

It looks like a return to the proper tuning section at least, visually it looks amazing so fingers crossed for sometime in '21, only this or a new Dirt title will get me onto a PS5

It seems like 2022 before we see GT7. Suppose it gives us more time to source a PS5!!

Quote from: jutngo on March 08, 2021, 08:31:25 AM
It seems like 2022 before we see GT7. Suppose it gives us more time to source a PS5!!
I managed to get the PS5 after firing off a few emails to Gamestop asking where I stand on my order
4 days later I'm in possession of a PS5, now I cant wait for Gran Turismo 7
On the PS4 pro GT Sport looks as good as it does on PS5, the only difference is the speed of loading

What's a PS5?

Think it's a myth.  :/

Follow me on Twitter
"Where a goat can go, a man can go. And where a man can go, he can drag a gun." - William Phillips (1731)

What's a GTDave?

Definitely a myth.

:cheers:

Quote from: jutngo on April 16, 2021, 07:45:30 PM
What's a GTDave?

Definitely a myth.

:cheers:

Well played.  :cheers:

Follow me on Twitter
"Where a goat can go, a man can go. And where a man can go, he can drag a gun." - William Phillips (1731)

Hey GT_Dave and Jutngo, it's hard to believe now that we have the best Gran Turismo and I even got a rig, which helps me improve my driving skills (despite not getting my DR to move at all) that we don't get together like the GT5/6 days
I would join some other racing groups online but most of them seem a little too anal for my liking, and besides I only play
from 7 am to around 2 pm, so evenings are out for me due to having to share the TV with other members of the household  :D
It's nice to see this familiar place is still up and going, feel free to join me on track anytime I'm online  :)

Jay, just tell your family they are perfectly welcome to watch the TV while you're racing!!  :gaming:

Cool, however my PS4 has already required a new hard drive as it failed. The old girl is now 8 years old, so to be expected really. Not sure if it would cope with the latest games....

I just wont show this article to SWMBO and keep up that I NEED a PS5.
AKA Ronin_GTRobin
    rmillis1981
    Lag_5crub

Life - Noun. The thing that gets in the way of gaming.

Yeah, I reckon the PS4 version will be a scaled back 'prologue' so I will still hope to pick up a PS5 before release at some point.

Wonder if PS4 and PS5 users can race online together :/

Curious about that myself. We can at the moment on GT Sport so it's probably a question of how different the versions are in terms of physics and mechanics.

I would say yes with maybe an exception for certain tracks or track conditions that aren't available on the PS4 version.  Just like the Spa DLC issue with GT5.