Announcements

Started by Andy, March 10, 2012, 06:05:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
May 18, 2017, 08:08:46 PM #300 Last Edit: May 18, 2017, 11:28:45 PM by Select3
Streaming live, representing RoninGT in rFactor2.
https://gaming.youtube.com/channel/UCTkvFdFf9gOtjz1tNOykqMg/live

Live stream got a bit borked but, I've restreamed the replay which you can find here:
https://youtu.be/EEoETegc2rI

Follow me on Twitter
"Where a goat can go, a man can go. And where a man can go, he can drag a gun." - William Phillips (1731)

Hi Dave :)

I dropped in too late.

I was online with Jan earlier on P.CARS, which was nice. Otherwise I'd have seen this and popped in for a look...

sorry 'bout that.

cheers

andy

Hi  :gaming:
A lot of people go through life doing things badly. Racing

Just saw the last few posts dated back to mid 2016 where you seem to come to the conclusion to let Ronin die. BTW why am I not listed as a founder? I was the original founder, oh I cannot send PM's either.

If the costs of running the site are too high for the amount of members here then yes you might as well let it die. If you want ideas on how to put some life back into Ronin I would look at youtube. There is a bloke over there doing livestreams on certain days of the week for GTSport, He has rules of clean driving and organises the rooms they race on.

He raises subs as well which would be useful eh? OK, someone has got to have the confidence and time to do it but it works. If you want more members you have to go out and get them, that's what we did. Now GT Sport is here you just go out and take part in the online races but you use a tag. People notice the tag and then ask about it, then you point them to the forum. Then events get posted.

The biggest problems is getting the balance right for unskilled and skilled drivers. I remember we having talks about having leagues but then we had more members then. If your heart is no longer in it there is no shame in letting the forum go but now there is GT Sport there is something there to build on.

People will say about FB, Twitter etc but those are tools and not everyone likes using them, I had an account and it got too much so I shut it down and have another account with two other people on it and a disability group on and I don't use it for anything. It is mainly for me to sign into other sites on the net.

Forums can seem dated but imo they feel much more cosy. I have been administrators of large (20,000) and small forums and enjoyed all of them more than fb, twiitter and what they have to offer. I know at least one of them is going after nearly twenty years.

Hello anyone listening :cheers: Not seen any posts for a while now so do I dare say the Ronin forum is over?

Quote from: Will on March 13, 2018, 02:58:57 PM
Hello anyone listening :cheers: Not seen any posts for a while now so do I dare say the Ronin forum is over?

I'd say it's clutching at straws, shame really, thought with GT Sports release, at least a few may have come back.

Follow me on Twitter
"Where a goat can go, a man can go. And where a man can go, he can drag a gun." - William Phillips (1731)

Aye mate. I live in hope :). Hope your well Dave.

Gentlemen, as you may have noticed, Ronin is looking a little different at the moment. Don't worry, Ronin is not going anywhere, quite the opposite.
 Robin and I have decided it's high time for a RoninGT revival, with that in mind, we have started an overhaul. For the most part, the forum should function as normal while we work in the background on things like cosmetics and social media integration and other fluff.

We are putting our heads together to come up with a roadmap on how to get the community back together, if anyone has any ideas or would just like to help or be involved, please, feel free to join the conversation.

In the mean time, why not try Ronin-GT.net on your mobile.

Follow me on Twitter

Great to see some activity here again. Love what's happening.
Cheers dudes.

:cheers:

Liking the new look!  I'm still here and looking forward to see where we go, might even be tempted to fire up Gt and the PS4

Well hello guys ,and maybe girls .

Welcome back Hayc.

Follow me on Twitter