GTX 1080

Started by GT_Dave, June 02, 2016, 01:04:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
All things GTX 1080 related.

Follow me on Twitter
"Where a goat can go, a man can go. And where a man can go, he can drag a gun." - William Phillips (1731)

Lots of bad news coming from nVidias direction recently.

I wouldn't usually look at nVidia news as I'm not a fan of their pricing policy (FYI They've increased launch price by $50 over the last generation for a part/wafer which is significantly cheaper to manufacture), as Robin is seriously looking at building his PC with a 1080 card though, I figured I'd better do some research.

Robin, have a good read through this, the guys at Redit tend to know what they're talking about, I like to think I know what I'm talking about on this subject but these guys baffle me at times.

Cheap parts

Take a look through the links from this redit post too.

nVidia links

Follow me on Twitter
"Where a goat can go, a man can go. And where a man can go, he can drag a gun." - William Phillips (1731)

I hear you, and I'm not going to make a
AKA Ronin_GTRobin
    rmillis1981
    Lag_5crub

Life - Noun. The thing that gets in the way of gaming.

Quote from: RedBreastGaming on June 10, 2016, 07:21:37 AM
I hear you, and I'm not going to make a

Follow me on Twitter

You'd do well to ignore people on Reddit that are arguing about things that won't actually matter to you. The place is full of fanboys on both sides.... not knocking Reddit though, it's a great source of info. Just take the comments with a pinch of salt.

Gonna stick with my 970 for now. 1070 pricing today is ridiculous, and I'm not dropping

I'm .....

I'm .....

I'm gonna stick with the onboard HD graphics the I7 6600k will provide.
AKA Ronin_GTRobin
    rmillis1981
    Lag_5crub

Quote from: RedBreastGaming on June 10, 2016, 04:12:41 PM
I'm .....

I'm .....

I'm gonna stick with the onboard HD graphics the I7 6600k will provide.

Your really going to go with Intel?

:P

Follow me on Twitter

Course he is, there's no competition.  :-P

Quote from: bo0td- on June 10, 2016, 05:09:31 PM
Course he is, there's no competition.  :-P

See the "PC building" thread :P

Let me know what you think, I'm thinking about starting a blog. lol.

Follow me on Twitter

Quote from: Select3 on June 10, 2016, 04:53:31 PM
Your really going to go with Intel?

:P

You did!

I'm not sure what I'm going to do. I might just curl up into a little ball and ignore everything!
AKA Ronin_GTRobin
    rmillis1981
    Lag_5crub

Quote from: RedBreastGaming on June 10, 2016, 05:35:36 PM
You did!

Forced into it, needed a new CPU after the Phenom II died and needed something that was going to last and not cause bottlenecks, i5 6500 was the only affordable (just) real option.

Follow me on Twitter