My PC Build.

CPU: Intel Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor
CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i v2 70.7 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler
Motherboard: Asus MAXIMUS VIII HERO ATX LGA1151 Motherboard
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LED 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive
Video Card: Asus GeForce GTX 1070 8GB Strix Video Card
Case: Corsair Carbide 400C ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: Corsair RMx 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Monitor: Asus VC239H 23.0" 60Hz Monitor

Parts still to buy:

Secondary hard drive
Gaming mouse
WiFi/Bluetooth PCI card

October 17, 2016, 12:01:32 PM #1 Last Edit: October 19, 2016, 04:12:19 PM by Will
Photos of delivery of parts and the building of my new PC.

Very nice.

Follow me on Twitter
"Where a goat can go, a man can go. And where a man can go, he can drag a gun." - William Phillips (1731)

Quote from: Will on October 17, 2016, 12:01:08 PM
WiFi/Bluetooth PCI card

Make sure you really research this. Mine is absolute junk, luckily I don't need WIFI, so just bought a USB bluetooth dongle... which works really well now I have it held 6ft off the ground, on the end of a USB extension cable.

It won't be brought for a few months so plenty of time to looking into it. If you've got any recommendations please share :).

Will be building the PC tonight, wife's going to help also :).

On another note, I received a free copy of gears of war 4, the game any good?

I enjoyed the Gears games on Xbox. 4 has received good reviews.

Heard good things about the game, had heard it also had "performance issues" on release, I'm sure they have been resolved by now though.

Follow me on Twitter
"Where a goat can go, a man can go. And where a man can go, he can drag a gun." - William Phillips (1731)

It's built! Now OS time!

How's it performing with Cities: Skylines?

Great thanks Bootd, all maxed out @1080 with no frame drops yet. Am at around 50k population so we'll see when I get more towards 100k, I hear thats when the game starts testing hardware.

I need to finish downloading GOW4 to give the PC a test maybe. I'll be buying a good few games this week as it's payday week.

Go back and play something on Playstation at 30fps, or something that claims to be 60. That's when you really appreciate PC. You'll wish you switched sooner.  :iwin:

Quote from: bo0td- on October 26, 2016, 12:56:53 AM
Go back and play something on Playstation at 30fps, or something that claims to be 60. That's when you really appreciate PC. You'll wish you switched sooner.  :iwin:
THIS!

@Will, download R3E, use the free stuff with a full 30+ car grid on max settings, then try and go back to play GT, you'll seriously wonder how you ever managed to play it in the first place.

I'm currently playing Rise of the Tomb Raider, maxed out @ 2560x1080 (21/9 aspect ratio), 95+ fps, your system is better than mine and the game is pretty demanding as well as just being very pretty :)

Follow me on Twitter

I have said with the way things are going that the PS4 will most likely be my last console but for now I'll have the best of both. I did try some gaming on the PS4 last night but I could see what you menat bootd!

In regards to R3E dave, Ill give it a whirl once I've sorted a controller out or maybe even a wheel but the flat is tight at the best of times, god knows how we found the space for the new pc lol.

Rise of the Tomb Raider does look good but is Lara Crofts arse as pretty as my PC hmmmm!

Quote from: Will on October 26, 2016, 12:48:58 PM
Rise of the Tomb Raider does look good but is Lara Crofts arse as pretty as my PC hmmmm!

That would be personal preference, not a question I'm willing to answer definitively  :-P

Follow me on Twitter