Announcements

Started by Andy, March 10, 2012, 06:05:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
I have plans to do a ramble every month or so. Might do some on DriveClub and once it comes PCars... whether any of you would be interested in reading about that I don't know though.

I'm hoping some wee posts will come from the gents above in the near future  :cheers:

Yep... we've got a new banner...

Just for Mach... so he can cream himself every time he logs on...  :shocked:

Aside from the fact it's from DriveClub, looks good. :)

Follow me on Twitter
"Where a goat can go, a man can go. And where a man can go, he can drag a gun." - William Phillips (1731)

Quote from: GT_Dave on February 19, 2015, 11:37:36 AM
Aside from the fact it's from DriveClub, looks good. :)

this one isn't...

oh god, gotta go again!

If the P1 GTR was in DriveClub... I wouldn't be posting on here... The P1 alone makes me want to load it up every day...

Is that not the driveclub emblem just in front of the rear arch?

I stand corrected though, sorry Andy. :)

Follow me on Twitter
"Where a goat can go, a man can go. And where a man can go, he can drag a gun." - William Phillips (1731)

Too ALL the new guys, and anyone else that doesn't yet understand what goes where in the Tuning sections.

The GT6 Tuning Workshop is the homepage for tuning talk and discussion. Use this board to ask any questions, set up your garages etc

There is a child board called Tune Library. In here, you will find threads for every car manufacturer in Gran Turismo 6. These threads are to be used for TUNES ONLY. Not discussion, not replies to a tune. Every single tune goes in these threads, regardless of whether you set up and tuning garage or not.

The final child board is Praiano's Racing Garage. This is the place to talk to Praiano about his tunes. It's his homepage for the garage, so you can also find a list of all his tunes.

Please keep everything in it's correct place. I know on GTP everything is done by threads and replies. However, this isn't GTP. We have things organised in a different way. That system works over there. Our system works over here. Please respect that.

Thankyou.

We'll see if anyone reads this... here goes.

It's been a tough year or so, and the time has come to wrap this place up. The forum is pretty dead, and it's not worth my time trying to keep this place and events running. Mach and I have tried to keep events going, but it's just got pretty tiring doing hours of testing and effort to have very little come out of it.

Mach found a community called Apex Online Racing, and they seem to have a thriving community with multi platform members and many events taking place with leagues on every platform and decent racing game imaginable. The guys we've spoken to seem pretty cool, and they run their events very ship-shape in a similar vein to how we run events. It seems the place to go to get some decent racing every week. I know some of you have signed up already, and if there's anyone else who likes the sound of this do come over and join in.

What does this mean for RoninGT? Well, for starters the forum is going to wind down and be cleaned up over the coming months. Most of the chat takes place on GroupMe anyway, so that will continnue under the banner Ronin Sim-Racing. It will be a good base to keep chatting amongst ourselves away from public eyes and outside of AOR.

The PSN Community group has also changed its name to Ronin Sim-Racing, and i will keep that updated with events that any of us are competing in at AOR. I hope more of you will contribute to that PSN section... especially when the new PS Update comes around as there's more community features on the horizon.

The Ronin name will live on, but there's no need for a forum anymore. GroupMe, PSN and AOR... hope to see you on some or all of them soon.

Peace.

March 12, 2016, 01:21:20 AM #174 Last Edit: March 12, 2016, 01:26:36 AM by Mach
Andy, firstly, it was awesome to find Ronin in the first place (cheers Hayc) secondly to learn so much from the people here. And thirdly to be asked to help run this place which was my first sim racing home. Hopefully will we have our own place again. This isn't the end....

Thank you Andy!! Hip Hip!!!

Totally understand Boss. I for one have been distracted by work a lot lately but not having a PS4 yet hasn't helped. That will hopefully change quite soon. I'll get myself over and check out AOR.

Thanks though fellas, I can't remember the amount of times I've been crying with laughter with you guys, I can't imagine a better bunch of weirdos to race with. Thanks to everyone who made this place what it was and hopefully the Brands (or wherever) meets still happen so I can eventually hook up with your ugly mugs, lol
ローニン・ソンブレアロー

First of all a great big  :cheers: to Andy for setting this and the former forum up. I know there's been a lot of work going into it. Also a big thank you to all the administrators/moderators putting Your effort into making it the great place it's been. I've had so incredible many Good times here. Thanks to Jay-T for pointing it out to me. I'll go and join AOR and Hopefully I can still make it into the GT3 thingy.

3 :cheers: for Ronin-GT Who has been a home away from home for so may of us.

One thing Andy. Can't You setup links on how to get to GroupMe and AOR
A lot of people go through life doing things badly. Racing

The Brands meet is definitely going ahead hatman. Would love it if you could join us.

Racing Chat GroupMe: https://groupme.com/join_group/19471354/R2bYi4

Casual Chat GroupMe:
https://groupme.com/join_group/19520559/ks3cYL

Apex Online Racing Forum:
http://apexonlineracing.com/community/forums/

Remember, GroupMe works on PC. You don't need to have a smartphone to use it.

Cheers for the words guys. Agreed, its been great and hopefully this is the start of something even better. We might have our own forum again one day... but there's no need for now. AOR seems to have everything we need plus there's scope for running our own events and getting involved with running the leagues if we so wish.

Had some great times here, from Prologue to BF3. GT made this place, but GT also killed it. Good luck to everyone that moves on and continues to race.

Ps - Clash of Clans is the best mobile game ever. Andy loves the CoC, and would like anyone that enjoys CoC even half as much as he does, to join us. The game is simple, but requires a lot of time. We don't take it seriously, so no pressure to play at any pace other than your own. Play for a bit, build your clan castle, then search for us.

Our clan code - 9RU9RJJG

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.supercell.clashofclans

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/clash-of-clans/id529479190?mt=8

I for one am really sorry to see the near end of the place that I have spent the best part of 5 years or more,and some of the best racing I could find with guys that wanted nothing but the same.geart clean racing.
Moyamoya disease - support for all the family with moyamoya

Check out the above fb page it's the reason I did the dreaded leg wax